First Day of School Printables for Photos:
Quick Links for Families:
- Meet your HLN Teachers here.
- Code of Conduct & Decorum for Live Classes
- Dress Code
- School Calendar
- Handbook and Parent/Student Expectations (For 3rd and up, particularly helpful for 6th – 12th)
- Book List
Decorum for Live Virtual Classes:
- Like an in-person HLN classroom, our online classrooms are informed by traditional pedagogy. A knowledgeable, enthusiastic teacher carefully leads students into an understanding of each subject. Classrooms are quiet, orderly, and disciplined. Lessons are incremental, content is age-appropriate.
- Come ready to participate fully.
- Use your real name on the screen.
- Use an unmodified background.
- Be in dress code.
- Turn your video on so your teacher can see you.
- Raise your hand for permission to speak.
- Have your device on a flat service, preferably at eye level.
- Students’ full attention should be on the class and they should not communicate virtually during class on other devices with classmates or others (e.g. texting on a phone while in class on another device, or in another open window in the device).
- Be prepared with class materials and pens/pencils/highlighters before class.
- Take care of personal needs before class.
HLN Virtual Class Schedule: Click on the here for a printable copy.