First Day of School Printables for Photos:
Quick Links for Families:
- Meet your HLN Teachers here.
- Code of Conduct & Decorum for Live Classes (see below)
- Dress Code
- School Calendar
- Handbook and Parent/Student Expectations (For 3rd and up, particularly helpful for 6th – 12th)
- Book List
- Stay Connected
Decorum for Live Virtual Classes:
- Like an in-person HLN classroom, our online classrooms are informed by traditional pedagogy. A knowledgeable, enthusiastic teacher carefully leads students into an understanding of each subject. Classrooms are quiet, orderly, and disciplined. Lessons are incremental, content is age-appropriate.
- Log in several minutes early to ensure you are ready to start on time.
- Come ready to participate fully.
- Use your real name on the screen.
- Use an unmodified background.
- Be in dress code.
- Turn your video on so your teacher can see you.
- Raise your hand for permission to speak.
- Have your device on a flat service, preferably at eye level.
- Students’ full attention should be on the class and they should not communicate virtually during class on other devices with classmates or others (e.g. texting on a phone while in class on another device, or in another open window in the device).
- Be prepared with class materials and pens/pencils/highlighters before class.
- Take care of personal needs before class.
Class Recordings: HLN intends to record live classes. However, these recordings should be considered a courtesy for students who are ill or who have an emergency absence. Students are expected to attend classes live. Human or technical error may prevent a recording from taking place or being available after the fact.
Keep in mind:
- Parent Teacher Book Club this year features Homer’s Odyssey. Learn more here and start reading for our October 16th meeting.
- HLN is a partnership with parents. Know your part in the Circle of Responsibility.
HLN Virtual Class Schedule: Click on the here for a printable copy.
You must be logged in to post a comment.