Third grade is a transitional year for students moving from our Primary program into the Grammar School years. To ease this transition, we are implementing a full day program for third graders that will feature a single teacher in a contained classroom for the day. Students will continue to do the “Monday work” from their lesson plans as in previous years. Latin courses will continue with the first half of Latina Christiana in preparation for taking the full course in fourth grade. Students will work from the Memoria Press Accelerated Third Grade Package at home. Use of the full MP curriculum at home is required to facilitate work together on Monday. ***N.B. Parents will need to ask that Intro to Composition (Student and Teacher manuals) be substituted for the IEW/All Things Fun & Fascinating Program.
Tuition for the full day Third Grade program is $1900.
Sample Monday Schedule:
- Weekly recitation
- Latin – Latina Christiana
- Exploring Arithmetic 3
- English Grammar Recitation 1
- Spelling Workout D
- New American Cursive 3
- Literature A (Farmer Boy, Charlotte’s Web, A Bear Called Paddington, Mr. Popper’s Penguins) Note-this Tuesday course will be swapped with the Christian Studies normally done on Monday.
- Students will have both morning and afternoon play breaks in the gym and a 30 minute lunch with the rest of the school.
Parents will complete Tuesday-Friday work at home, just as they have been in our Primary classes. The following year, these students will move fully to the four class block schedule with the rest of the older students with the following classes offered for fourth grade:
- Latin-Latina Christiana (full course)
- Classical Studies-Famous Men of Rome
- Literature-Literature B (Heidi, Lassie, Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe)
- Composition (Fable Stage)