HLN has a simple and straightforward dress code for all students:
- Shirts with short or long sleeves and a collar (polo or dress-style with button) in the following colors: (top, L-R) Navy Blue, Light Blue, Maize, White, (bottom, L-R) Black, Evergreen, Red, Pewter Heather. If you choose not to shop at Lands’ End, try to match these shades as closely as you can. Scroll to the bottom of this page for an image you can screenshot to your mobile phone.
- Pants, shorts, capri pants, skirts, skorts or jumpers in the solid colors of navy blue, black, gray or any shade of khaki. Hem should be no greater than 3 inches above the knee. Lands’ End White Plaid plaid bottoms on the approved school site are also permitted. The acceptable Lands’ End length for ordering is “Top of the Knee” or longer.
- No athletic clothing or denim is permitted.
- Athletic wear includes any active wear, sweatshirts with or without a hood, yoga pants, anything you’d wear to exercise or play a sport in. Any item that is pulled over the head needs to be solid and free of logos other than the HLN logo, and should have a collared shirt underneath.
- Denim includes shirts, dresses, and overalls.
- Sweaters, cardigans, and outerwear that will be worn during the school day must be a solid color (see the above list) with no logos, emblems, or messages written on them. A collared shirt (in accord with the guidelines above) should be worn under the sweater at all times.
- Shoes with non-marking soles are necessary for play in the gym.
Any apparel that conforms to the above-stated dress code is acceptable. Most students wear the same clothes every week to cottage school.
Optional uniform items, HLN-logo monogram items, and our official school White Plaid are available for purchase through Lands’ End School: polos, cardigans, shirts, skirts, skorts, jumpers, jackets, pants, and accessories. Our Preferred School Number is 900182585. www.landsend.com.
Everything on HLN’s Lands’ End site is approved. Sign up here for their marketing emails to receive coupons and promotions that can be used toward purchases (scroll to the footer for the sign up bar). See these instructions, Lands’ End HLN How To Order, for help with completing your order. These are completely optional.