Are you a beginner to Reading Hard Books?
- Make sure you start with the Five (Six) Greatest Works of Classical Education. See this 8:36 video by Martin Cothran to learn more.
- See the 2020 Presentation “How to be a Lifelong Learner” (below) for tips on laying your own classical education foundation.
Related articles, please note these are links to outside resources and are accurate as of July 8, 2021.
- A Communal Feast by Cheryl Swope
- A reading of C.S. Lewis’ essay, Membership (YouTube)
- On the Reading of Old Books by C.S. Lewis
- Stop Cleaning the Kitchen and Read a Book by Susan Wise Bauer
- Art of Manliness Blog, How to Read Long and Difficult Books by Jeremy Anderberg
- 8 Habit of Every Great Reader, Circe Institute
- Four Stages to the Central One Idea, by David Wright
- What Shall We Then Read?, by Kristen Rudd (encouragement on being OK with being finite)
An idea for a classics book club based on the MP Classical Studies curriculum.