Updated for 2019-2020
Primary students, K-2nd:
- Kindergarten, first, and second grade classes are offered to support families using Memoria Press curriculum in their homeschool. Families must use the entire Memoria Press curriculum at home during the week.
- On your own: purchase Memoria Press complete core curriculum for home use. See this page for complete details about using MP in your home and what to purchase.
- The $100 Supply Fee provides everything needed for the classroom on Mondays, both academics and enrichment. Families provide no “school supplies” from home! All you will need is a book bag, lunch box/water bottle, and towel for rest time (Kindergarten only).
Grammar & Upper School students, 3rd-12th:
- *New for 2019-2020* All students are required to take the full day of Monday courses.
- Third graders take a full day in a contained classroom with a lead teacher and must use the complete core curriculum at home.
- Sixth grade and up have math and science offerings on Thursdays. While we do not require these courses, we strongly encourage them to prepare students for high school level work in the years ahead. Additionally, this helps HLN continue to build a strong second-day program for all families.
- Ninth grade and up have the option of Material Logic/Rhetoric and U.S. History in addition to math and science on Thursday.
- On your own: purchase books and materials for each course (Follow this link for our complete booklist.)
Monday Full Day Tuition:
- Kindergarten – Second Grade $1,800 (plus $100 supply fee)
- Third – Eighth Grade $1,900
- Ninth – Twelfth Grade $2,000
Thursday Tuition, a la carte by course:
- Understanding Math, Pre-Algebra $400
- Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Geometry $500
- Trees/World of Biology, Earth Science, Physical Science $400
- High School Science with Lab: Introductory Physics, Biology, Chemistry $500
Additional High School Courses
- Material Logic & Rhetoric $400
- U.S. History $400
Monitored Academic Study Hall for siblings of students in Thursday classes for whom there is no available class meeting at that time. Study hall may be opened to others attending on Thursdays depending on the final schedule.
- 1.5 Hour Classes $90
- 2 Hour Classes $120
Enrollment Fee Schedule, due upon acceptance, non-refundable:
- Enrollment Fee until April 30: $125/student (family max $350)
- Enrollment Fee May 1-31*: $150/student (family max $425)
- Enrollment Fee June 1-30: $175/student (family max $500)
- Enrollment closes July 1, 2019.
*Supply fee for K-2nd grade: $100 due on/before May 31st.
- HLN’s application and enrollment procedures have changed for 2019-2020.
- Our online form is an application for enrollment. Once submitted you will be contacted by a Director to discuss class placement and confirm acceptance. New families may need to talk with or meet face to face with one or both Directors.
- Upon acceptance, a non-refundable enrollment fee is required in order to finalize your enrollment and reserve a seat in your selected classes.
- Enrollment is your good faith step that your child(ren) will attend HLN in the fall.
- For enrollment questions, please contact the HLN Directors at email@example.com.
- May 31: All tuition is due as postdated checks by May 31, 2019.
- The first check should be for 25% of the total family tuition and be dated July 19, 2019. This amount is non-refundable after May 31 and will be cashed on July 19th.
- The remaining 75% balance can be paid in one to three installments using the following 3 dates to post-date: Oct 21, 2019; Jan 6, 2020; Mar 2, 2020. The fact that HLN allows tuition to be paid in installments does not create a fractional contract or in any way relieve the parents responsibility for the entire tuition.
|Check Options, Deposit Dates, All due 5/31||Jul 19||Oct 21||Jan 6||Mar 2|
|2 separate checks, in full||25% + 75%|
- Any class changes after May 31 will result in a $50/fee per class changed.
- Failure to submit all tuition checks by May 31st jeopardizes your child’s placement in their classes.
- After July 31st, no withdrawals can be made from HLN without forfeiture of the entire tuition.